Vice President for Exhibition and Gallery Planning
m/Oppenheim Executive Search is assisting The Royal Ontario Museum (ROM) in the search for a Vice President for Exhibition and Gallery Planning. Please click to view the full position description or to nominate/apply.
The Royal Ontario Museum is Canada ’s largest museum and houses one of the world’s great permanent collections of art, cultural objects and natural history specimens. The museum is committed to a trans-disciplinary, visitor-centered exhibition approach that presents artworks, objects and specimens in ways that reflect different viewpoints and perspectives. An incredibly diverse range of exhibitions and collections spanning the globe and cutting across time make the ROM an inspiring and indispensable public resource.
The Vice President will:
- shape the museum’s rolling 3 to 5 year schedule of art, culture and nature exhibitions;
- continually update ROM’s comprehensive understanding of global museum exhibitions and trends, and maintain an international network of exhibition partners;
- manage the ROM’s international traveling exhibition program;
- develop the long-range exhibition and gallery improvements calendar and budgets; and
- work in close collaboration with curatorial, engagement, education and financial executives.
Important will be: credibility with the field’s curatorial and exhibition leaders; a strong understanding of the strategic and financial impacts of exhibition decisions; facilitating cross-departmental collaboration; and exhibition and gallery planning attuned to the interests, life-styles and activities of Toronto residents, visitors and partner institutions.
For additional information or to apply, please contact Mark Oppenheim or Steven Oppenheim at info[at]moppenheim[dot]com.